Sunday, May 02, 2004

day 18 - football!

Went to our first football match last night - Gallo, my new adopted team, versus Pondupreta from Sao Paulo. Brilliant experience, great atmosphere. The game was a bit rubbish, but then I'm an Owls fan and I'm used to it. On TV today was Minas Gerais's equivalent to Man Utd - Cruzeiro - rich and supported by everyone - which was a much better game. Why do I always choose the bad team?

Catering report: beer on sale in the stands, which I think is very sensible and civilised. food - popcorn with bacon bits was OK, but the maize pie was grim, and remained half-eaten (after the customary photo of course).

We're now in stop 5, Ipatinga, 100km from Monlevade. I've landed on my feet at this place, as my hosts own a hotel, so I have a room there, and I don't feel like I have to be under their feet all the time.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
husband, son, brother, uncle, friend, musician, cat person, chicken-keeper, gamer, geek.